Do you own a small business and are you thinking of getting business insurance? Learn more about the top 10 small business insurance companies that are available today in this article!
It is essential to do some business planning before opening a business. You must plan for the worst possible outcome, and there no way to know what the future holds. So you have to prepare for as many adverse outcomes as possible. And that’s when business insurance comes. Learn more about the importance of business insurance for small businesses now.
If your small business has employees, then you should know that most states will require to have workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance. Depending on where your business is located, you might also be required to have disability insurance.
But if you do now have any employees, you might want to opt for specific coverage such as a business owner's policy or BOP. A basic BOP will cover for general liability, damage to property, and business income.
Just like any other insurance policy, the cost for small business insurance will depend on a lot of factors such as your business location, type, annual revenue, size and years in business. The cost can also be determined by which small business coverage options are perfect for your business, and coverage limits, and even deductibles.
If you are a new business owner, you might be wondering why you should invest in protecting your business and assets. Well, here are the top reasons why you should consider getting business insurance:
1. Legal Requirement – As we have stated above, if you have at least one employee, you would need to provide worker’s compensation, unemployment insurance and disability insurance. Also, if you are renting a place for your business, your landlord may require you to hold renter’s insurance.
2. People These Days Like to Sue – People are becoming sue-happy these days. No matter what type of business you start, there would be a chance that you would encounter someone, at some point, that is unhappy with the business or service that you provide, and will engage you in a lawsuit.
If you do not have liability insurance, handling a lawsuit could be hard for a small business, even if the business were not found liable.
3. Can Protect Your Business in the Event of a Disaster – Having business insurance will protect your business from the most common disasters like fire, theft or even vandalism.
When it comes to picking the perfect insurance for your business, the Insurance Information Institute recommends the following:
1. You must assess your risk, including every business property, equipment, and inventory.
2. Talking to a professional who knows the insurance industry is a wise move.
3. Make sure that the insurers that made your list have a good reputation, licensed and in a good financial condition to pay for claims when needed.
4. Use comparable coverage, exclusions, deductibles and limits when comparing rates.
5. Keep the rates low by implementing a risk management program that will minimize the losses from theft, injuries and fires.
6. Reviewing your risks and insurance every year is highly recommended.
We ranked the best Small business insurance websites so that you can find what you need.
Last updated: 2023-12-11
We analyzed 3,749 hours of the most informative Small business insurance videos. These videos stood out the most:
This comparison site is made up of our own opinions and views. The ranking is determined at our discretion and is not to be used for accuracy purposes. We can provide this service at no charges thanks to a combination of referral fees and advertising income we receive from various publishers and service providers. These payments may affect our rankings and the score we assign to websites, products, and vendors. Our ratings do not imply endorsement of any kind. This website's information, rankings, and vendor list is subject to change without notice at any time.